Parking and Travel
Details of Highways Authority road closures, parking restrictions and enforcements, available car parking facilities and bus services on Carnival Monday are below.
In the interests of road safety, on-street car parking spaces will be restricted on Carnival Monday, and your co-operation in making alternative parking arrangements will be appreciated.
NO PARKING in the following:
- Brudenell Street
- Choppins Hill to Hartington Road (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am)
- Church Farm Road
- Crabbe Street
- Crespigny Road (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am)
- Dial Lane (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am)
- Hertford Place
- High Street (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 10am)
- King Street
- Lee Road from Crescent Road to Park Road
- Leiston Road from Saxmundham Road/Leiston Road roundabout to Linden Road
- Market Cross Place (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am)
- Oakley Square
- Park Road from Victoria Road to School Field and High Street to Lee Road
- Saxmundham Road from roundabout to Linden Road
- Slaughden Road
- St Peter’s Road/St Paul’s Close (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am)
- Unnamed Road between High Street & Crabbe Street south of Dial Lane
- Victoria Road (also CLOSED TO TRAFFIC FROM 9am between High Street & Mill Inn)
- Thorpeness Road from Wentworth Road junction to car park
- Wentworth Road
One way traffic in operation:
- Alde Lane in the direction of Victoria Road
- Thorpeness Road in the direction of Thorpeness
Public Transport and Shuttle Bus Services:
Shuttle Bus Service:
Operates between 10am-2pm and 4pm-6pm, from Triangle Wood (near Library) to Wentworth Road via Victoria Road (returning via Church Farm Road). Supported by Belle Coaches.
Triangle Wood to Oakley Square for those with disabilities. Supported by Coastal Accessible Transport Services (CATS). Tel: 01728 830516 for information about this service.
On Carnival Monday, First Bus Routes 64 and 65 will terminate at Saxmundham Road/Leiston Road Roundabout.
Border Bus Route 521 will operate temporary stops in Wentworth Road and at the Dolphin Inn, Thorpeness. Refer to the Traveline website (www.traveline.info) for more details.
£8 all day from 8.30am (£5 after 6pm):
- Kings Field (Off Saxmundham Road/Leiston Road roundabout; funds raised in aid of Leiston ATC & Carnival Funds)
- School Playing Field (off Park Road)
- Oakley Square (limited spaces for DISABLED PARKING ONLY)